Tech Support Q&A: Missing subscriber label
Q. Why is a subscriber label missing?
A. Any of the following items will prevent a label from being printed for a particular subscriber. To ensure a label will print, double-check all possibilities:
1) Newspaper (or Shopper) status must be Active. This can be found on Edit subscriber screen of the subscriber record, on the right hand side under Newspaper subscription section.
2) Delivery type must be Mail. This can be found on Edit subscriber screen of the subscriber record, under Newspaper delivery type.
3) Vacation stop must not be checked. This can be found on Edit subscriber screen of the subscriber record, under the Vacation tab. If the Stopped checkbox on the Vacation tab of a subscriber record is checked, no label will be printed.
4) If the Start date is in the future, no label will be produced. This can be found on the Edit subscriber screen of the subscriber record.
5) Check the printer settings and be sure that the advanced driver is checked if your printer requires one. Leaving unchecked will cause the labels to skip and the label will not print for some subscribers.
If the newspaper status is Active, Delivery type is Mail, Vacation Stopped is not checked, and the Start date is blank or in the past, and the advanced driver is checked, a label will be produced for the subscription.
Keep in mind that changes to these fields do not take effect until the next issue is closed.
To ensure a label was included with the last issue closed, print a single label for the subscriber in question:
1) Select the Mailing Labels report
2) Click the Print Special… button
3) Select One, Label.
4) Enter the subscriber ID you wish to check
5) Click the Continue button
6) Click the Continue button to begin printing.
If a label prints, then it was included in the set of labels for the most recently closed issue.
If no label prints, check the options above to ensure the subscriber is configured properly to receive a label.
Please contact Client Solutions at 888-473-3103 if you need additional assistance.