Annual Statement of Ownership report
Knowledge Base > Annual Statement of Ownership report
Annual Statement of Ownership report
The USPS Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation, also known as PS Form 3526, is required by the Post Office annually to show proof of continued eligibility for mailing under a Periodical Permit. Interlink Circulation includes this report and can automatically fill in most of the required information. You can find the Statement of Ownership with the other reports in the Periodical Mail Delivery report category. If you have not printed this report from Interlink Circulation before, some setup is required first to ensure all parts of the form are complete and accurate. To configure the 3526 form, open your Periodical publication in Interlink Circulation then:
- Select Configure List… from the File menu
- Select the Periodical Mail tab
- Click the Contact Information button
- Select the Form 3526 tab
The first six sub-tabs shown provide space to enter contact information for the various areas on Form 3526. Each tab has room for one contact – additional contacts should be specified on a separate sheet and attached to the form when filing. Additional required information can be specified under the Misc sub-tab, such as the number of annual issues published, the filing date for PS Form 3526, and the date it will be published in the paper.
The real magic happens under the Totals sub-tab. The second page of PS Form 3526 requires circulation statistics from the issue published nearest to date of filing, in addition to circulation statistics averaged across the previous 12 months of publication. Clicking the Estimate Values button will cause the program to automatically determine what the counts should be based on information it has available. If you like what you see, click the Use Estimates button to copy them into the form. Auto-generated averages will only be accurate on lists that have mailed using Interlink Circulation for 12+ months, but you can manually enter the values based on your own calculations so they print nicely on the form.
It is also important to note that circulation statistics are only available from parts of Interlink Circulation that have been actively and accurately used during the previous 12 month period. This means that non-mail delivery figures such as for racks, dealers and carriers, will only be accurate if you have been using these parts of the program. If not, you can always enter your own numbers prior to printing the report.
Once you’re happy with the setup for PS Form 3526, click the OK button to save your changes then OK again to exit Configure List.
You can now print the completed 3526 form any time and as often as you like. For anyone who may be interested, a blank copy of PS Form 3526 with instructions is available for download from the USPS at http://about.usps.com/forms/ps3526.pdf. If you ran the ownership statement last year from Interlink, this will be an easy process: Open your list
- Select File | Configure List | Periodical Mail tab | Contact Information | Form 3526
- Verify Information is still accurate on each tab
- Update the dates on the Misc tab
Select Totals tab
- Beginning Date for Year: = The start of this year’s numbers (likely Oct 2017)
- Issue Date for Date: = Last Close Issue you processed (most recent, ex. 9/30/2018)
- Click Estimate Values button (this will put new numbers in the 2(two) Estimates Columns
- If the numbers line up with what you expect, click Use Estimates (if not, you can manually enter the numbers you would like to use)
- Click OK, OK (yes, you will have to click twice to save changes)
- Select Reports…
- Current Reports
- 3526 Statement of Ownership (should be 1st report in left column)
- Print All